Thursday, July 29, 2010

abundantly

I remember having a conversation with a lady years before I became a Christian, we were talking about watching a certain movie and she said "I have no desire to watch that sort of stuff now, after becoming a Christian my heart changed and I guess I just don't find that stuff to be good any more". I remember standing there, looking her square in the eye and saying "well that sucks for you then cause it's funny stuff!". I've thought often about that conversation, her reaction and mine, her way of life and mine. That was in 2001.

I feared that if I became a Christian my life would be boring, void of fun and laughing, and I would have to give up all the stuff I currently enjoyed, like that movie. I feared God would ship me to Africa, force me to live in poverty, and I would become the very thing I didn't want to become, a bible thumper.

Today, nine years after that conversation took place, I am totally in love with God and totally enjoying my life. I'm richer than I've ever been, though if you look at my bank account you'd think otherwise. I have deeper relationships, I laugh deeper, I cry deeper, I love deeper. Nine years later I can tell you my life is anything but boring, it's certainly not void of fun and someday I will travel to Africa. I don't live in poverty (according to paper we're broke, according to God there's always enough to provide for the day)and for the record God didn't send His son to die so that we may all live in starvation. And as for the bible thumper, I'm certainly not one to shove it down your throat (it's between you and God whether or not you love Him enough to follow Him), but I can't imagine going through the day void of God.

John 10:10 Jesus said "My purpose is to die so that you may live life more abundantly" Abundantly folks, that doesn't sound like void of fun at all!! :)

No comments: