Sunday, August 15, 2010

A day of rest

A few years ago I learned what the Sabbath really is, what it was meant for, and I started putting it into practice. I talked with the kids, announcing that Sunday's is our day off. There will be no cooking, cleaning, or anything that is deemed work; we will instead enjoy ourselves, rest, and just be. The other day I realized I've let us get away from that, it's been a long time to be honest.

I've been focusing the past several days on ways I can instill boundaries that will keep me from running empty and the Sabbath Day has been at the forefront of that thinking. I don't think God cares which day it is, that's why He didn't call it The Sunday, He called it the Sabbath Day. He's saying pick a day, I don't care which, but be sure and pick a day. I've gone from never having a true day of rest, to having it, back to not having it. I fully understand the value in it; don't fully understand how it works (sorta like tithing) just know it does.

So, I'm gonna spend the day today praying about which day will become our Sabbath, as a family, and put that boundary back into place. Yay!

Till next time...

No comments: