Thursday, July 12, 2012

How donations work

VM has been around for 2 years now. Two whole years! I'm impressed by God's faithfulness, He told me He would provide and He has. He also told me I'd live on donations to the ministry. I have. So many have been generous in giving to VM, in listening to the prompting from God and then following through on that prompting, even when it seemed ridiculous.

But I know some have not donated because clarity hasn't come as to what exactly you're donating too. So, let me attempt to explain VM, even if you don't donate, you'll know what it is and why God created it.

There is a darkness that looms inside of us, we each have it until we call it to the light. That darkness is our secrets. We all have secrets. We all have things in our past that we fear others will find out. We all, at some point, have secrets we don't even acknowledge before God out of fear of what He'll say or do.

My focus has become helping us begin to say out loud what those secrets are, shed light on the darkness inside us, and reach fully out to God. If we talk about it, we aren't victim to it. If we ask God to help us, we will experience healing.

God has gifted me with communication skills that come out in the form or public speaking, one-on-one talking, writing and teaching. I would also say I have the gift of making others cry, but I don't think that's a real "gift". We get real very fast. That is solely the power of the Holy Spirit.

So, what you're donating to is allowing this ministry to be my full time job. And because it's my full time job I'm flexible in when I can meet clients for life coaching, I have time to work on my talks and next writing project (a book on dating as a Christian Mom). Working for VM full time also means I can be free in the evenings to be mom, and as a single mom multiple jobs just doesn't cut it. There is one other aspect to your donations and that is the money allows me to not HAVE to charge clients for life coaching. There's a lot of people that don't get help simply because they don't have enough money to pay the bills AND buy food, let alone pay for someone like me. I was one of those people and it was the donations of others to pay for me that got me help...I would even say saved my life.

Please prayerfully consider donating monthly to VM. This link will take you to my paypal account. Any and all amounts count, so whether it's $5 or $500 God will multiple it to become what's needed in order to make VM successful so we are no longer living under the weight of our secrets.

For tax information--I have filed the paperwork to receive a 501(c)3 which, once approved, will give me the tax information necessary for your donations to be tax deductible. Any donations made until this comes will still be able to be applied--all donations are tax deductible.

If you have any further questions I'm here to chat!

Thanks for allowing God to use you so others can be helped!! See how God works?! We're all in it together.

Carla

No comments: