Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Memories Rock

When I was a little girl we lived with my grandparents for a short time. I don't remember a lot from that season of life, but I have flashes of moments that surface every now and then. Just now, as I was thinking about what to write my blog about today, this memory swept across my minds eye:

It's early in the morning and I'm sitting on my grandpa's lap. I can smell him, he smells clean and his face is freshly shaven. He is holding me tight as we snuggle in his big brown chair and then, he leans in to whisper in my ear, "you are loved Carla, you are loved."

I've not had this particular memory before. But right now, in this very moment, I can hear my grandpa's voice as clearly as if he were here--though he's been gone since I was 13.

It's so easy to get caught up in the trials of life. It's so easy to shift perspective and forget...we are loved. When I feel hurt, I feel fear, I feel disappointment I don't always feel love.

Today, friend, pause and readjust your perspective. Stop looking at the trials you are facing, stop thinking about the "what ifs" and stop trying to figure out how to fix it...simply stop. And remember. You. Are. Loved. you ARE loved. you are LOVED. YOU ARE LOVED.


No comments: