Sunday, October 4, 2009

His voice...His opinion

It is hard to know God's voice if we don't take the time to listen for it. A baby is in the womb for nine months, hearing the mothers voice for nine solid months. They say there is a special bond between a mother and her child, I believe that bond comes being connected for nine months to no one else but mother and child. We are created in God's image, that means we at some point in time were connected WITH God...even if you don't believe in God today, you were still connected to Him and I KNOW in your quiet moments you have a longing to feel him/hear Him.

Seeking advice is always good, who you seek advice from is what separates good from wise. But taking it one step further...learning to quiet yourself enough to hear His advice is true wisdom. I have been searching for some answers about my next step, in several different areas, and have been asking those in my life for their opinions and then one night I lay in bed and asked God what I'm to do when it suddenly became clear to me...why do I ask Him LAST? I start down the path because I feel God's nudging and then I suddenly start to question...is this really what God wants me to do or is what I want to do...so then I begin asking others for their opinion and before long I was very confused. Everyone gives their opinion out of love but also out of fears that drive their own life...maybe they have regrets and don't want you to experience them, maybe they have wounds and fear you'll be wounded, maybe they don't believe you can do it, maybe they don't believe God called you to do it...whatever it is it's based on fear and once again I found myself coming back to the Truth...fear is not of God.

In all honesty I seek others opinions mostly because I worry about what they think of me, of my parenting, of my womanhood...am I living up to the calling? So just as their advice is based on fear, my asking is equally based on fear.

So, once again I'm back to the beginning....listening to God's voice because He is my creator, He is the One I will follow...even if it doesn't make sense. How I listen to God's voice I will share with you in another post at another time....

Till next time...

No comments: