Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Obstacles vs wrong directions

I had a professor tell me that once you've figured out the direction God has for you, your purpose if you will, become narrow minded with that target. Obstacles will cross your path that will try and distract you from your goal. He then went on to tell me to seek the difference between those obstacles and signs from God that you need to change directions.

I must admit I'm fairly clear on the direction I'm heading, on my purpose. It's the rest that still gets me sometimes. Thoughts start to creep in at the first sign of trouble, "what if I was wrong", "will God really get me through this", "maybe I'm not to do it right now", "maybe I'm suppose to be doing something else"...I could go on and on. But then I go back to the word remember...God uses that word often throughout the Bible. Remember I am the Lord your God. Remember I led you out of captivaty. Remember. Many times when I'm praying, having my chat with God, I hear that word over and over in my mind. Remember. Don't forget.

So when obstacles come and I start to wonder am I going in the wrong direction or is this just another shiny object trying to distract me I pause and remember....what is the vision God gave for my life, what was the direction He gave me, what does my spirit say? I pause and ask for continued guidance, for out loud direction that will overshadow this shiny object so I can see clearly. I pause and remember just how very big God is.

I have an obstacle on my path right now. It seems to be trying to grow in brightness so I can't see Truth. It's come in the name of worry, fear, doubt. And those my friends are NOT Truth. So to this obstacle I say...nice try, but I'm walking right on by ya. I know how God shuts doors (asks me to change directions) and it's not in the name of worry, fear, or doubt.

No comments: