Friday, April 22, 2011

Another Holiday

Today is Good Friday. We get the day off work, off school, the day to just be...but why? How many of us take the time to really think about why we have this day off? How many take advantage of the day, but not advantage of the reason? How many of us call ourselves Christian yet do nothing more than just say "I believe"?

Sunday is THE reason. Sunday is THE why.

I've worked really hard to get to where I am today, to become the woman I am. A lot of time, a lot tears, a lot of conversations, and a lot of silent moments. But all of that pales in thinking about why I'm a Christian. All of that pales when understanding the fact that as Jesus hung on that cross I was on his mind. Christ died for me. Christ rose for me. For you. For us.

I speak because it's the least I can do. My words have nothing to do with trying to change you, win you or prove you wrong. My words are spoken because of this weekend. Just believing isn't enough. Calling yourself a Christian isn't enough. Being happy to have the day off work isn't enough. This weekend is FOR us, it's because of us. This weekend is our gift and it wasn't intended to be placed on the shelf and looked at every now and then, like on holidays because it's what your suppose to do.

Believing, accepting, receiving...that will get you in. It will. But until that day comes that you need to get through the gates, until then...that's important too. Use the gift you've been given. Talk about, learn about it, feel it. Open your hands, open your heart, open your mouth and use the gift!! Otherwise, this is just another day, just another weekend, just another holiday.

No comments: