Friday, June 12, 2009

I Long

The cool thing about writing is it can mean one thing to the writer and something else to the reader...I write about love, but at times it's not the way most think for I know I am loved and I am absolutely content in that, I write about love because love is beautiful to write about.

So, here's a poem I wrote over a year ago...




To rush home at the end of the day simply because you are waiting….
To feel overwhelmed when your breath blows across my skin…
To wait with anticipation as you have me close my eyes…

I long.

To know I am safe, loved, whole…
To know I am accepted just I am, want to be, should be…
To know you need me in ways you need no other…

I long.

The sun rises and I see you face…
The sun sets and I see your face…
Tomorrow comes simply to see your face…

I long.

I have wondered this land. In search of perfect love. I have tasted honey on the lips of lovers in the silence and I have tasted pain in the screams of tears. I need more than I care to admit, I am softer than I’ll ever admit, and at the dawn of a new day I will try so hard to not walk away. Life can be full of trials, valleys really, and from the safety of my own skin I long to see the sky. Take my hand, lead me to light, and kiss my forehead as we say goodnight.

I long.


Till next time....

No comments: