Tuesday, June 30, 2009

In the blink of an eye

Sometimes my writing just flows without me putting much thought into it at all and other times I can't seem to find the words. I've needed to post this since Saturday only because if you are able to read it you are considered my friend and I know you'd want to know, but I just needed some time. I couldn't seem to bring myself to write it down. Not sure how's it's going to "flow" but....




Saturday I worked at the radio station, I so enjoy that job, but this day was different. I got a call at 2:15 from a hospital in Michigan telling me my daughter, Kaitlyn, had been involved in a drunk driving accident.

Let me pause here and tell you she's FINE.....

I have never been in a situation where my child was hurt and I wasn't there. I've never been five hours away and have someone say to me "we need permission that if the ct scan comes back and she has internal bleeding we need to operate without having to wait for you to get here." 5 hours. I was 5 hours away. That's all that was going through my head...FIVE HOURS!! I heard Kaity's voice and literally the room started to spin. My sweet Kaitybug. I told her I would come right away and get her, I heard her try and gain composure as she said "Mom, I'm fine." And she is. Not a scratch, broken bone, nothing. She's fine.

I cried most of the day Saturday and everytime I hear her voice I hang up with tears coming down my face. The police said if they had been in a different vehicle we would be having a different conversation. More tears. More spinning.

Sometimes being a Christian so very hard and then....."we would be having a different conversation".....in the blink of an eye.....we are not lucky, we are protected.


Till next time...

No comments: