Friday, March 26, 2010

Slow down...

Over the course of the past five years I’ve had my fair share of dates, some have been wonderful and some...not. But each of them I’ve taken away a lesson, a lesson I apply to my everyday life and to my dating life.

People have told me I should write a book about the experiences I’ve encountered while dating, honestly I’ve already started it…but more importantly I’m trying to not repeat the same mistakes I’ve made in the past. Mistakes are never fun but can always be beneficial if we let them, I tend to learn the hard way though.

Some of the lessons I’ve learned from dating:

Don’t fall for him just because he says I love you
Enjoy the moment if for no other reason than it’ll soon be over
It’s ok to feel swept away as long as you stay grounded
It always starts out good
When someone shows you their true colors, believe them
If all he talks about is my body…red flag
If he falls for me before he even knows my kids names…red flag
Walls are so you know who’s willing to put in the time to climb them

I tend to run at the first sign of a red flag. I tend to run at the first sign of feeling uncomfortable. I know exactly what I’m looking for and I also know God is bigger than my desires, my fears, or my past. God knows exactly what I need and the right man will fit easily into our life, over time; earning trust instead of expecting it and making me feel wanted without me having to fight him off cause all he’s after is sex.

To my single friends: you are the crown of creation, God made nothing after He made woman…never forget that! The right man will respect you, honor you, pray for you, dance with you, and allow you to enjoy the process of falling in love. God is the center of all life, your man is not. If he thinks otherwise…you’ve got the wrong man my sweet friend. Don’t settle, being single and happy is far better than taken and miserable.

Till next time friends...

No comments: