Tuesday, December 7, 2010

My book

So as most of my close friends know I'm working on a book...truth be told I've been "working" on it for a very long time, but only in the past six months has it grown to be a short term goal. Writing is my heart, it's something that soothes me in a way unlike anything else I know. Writing is truly a way God uses me...this I am sure of. The thought of writing for eyes that I do not know to see, the thought of truly sharing this writing with everyone, well that's enough to makes the hives come out.

For the past several months God has been calling on me to step out from behind my wall of safety. I thought it meant one thing and I'm now learning it means many things. My wall of safety is what has kept me single for nearly seven years (minus 11 months that I've "dated"). My wall of safety is why I haven't finished the book. My wall of safety has been good, necessary; but now it's apparently time for me to come from behind it, my next step if you will.

God does not give us gifts to be kept to ourselves; God does not allow us to learn lessons to not share with others. My writing is a gift from God and my life experiences are what I draw upon to help those who's path I cross. The two go hand in hand and it's time.

In two weeks I will have three weeks off school. I'm asking for your prayers leading up to those two weeks and during my time off that I may be able to focus on writing, that I get out of the way enough for God to speak, and that the light at the end of this "book tunnel" becomes brighter. The Bible is clear in saying God does not give us a spirit of fear and lately fear has been making a lot of my decisions, including my writing this book. Please join me in praying against that fear and asking the Holy Spirit to swell larger than my fear so I can do this task that has so clearly been laid on my heart to do.

Thanks to each of you, my friends, who support me and encourage me. Thank you for being my iron so that I may become all that God created me to be. Here's to faith, words, and a whole lot of love...

No comments: