Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Standing Strong

I heard Pastor Bill say one time regarding storms, if you're not in one, one is coming...there is deep truth to those words. I've learned over the years to embrace the moments I'm not in one because I know all to well that one is coming and it seems that as my devotion to God deepens, those storms grow in intensity. Something I do not like at all.

Galatians 6:9 says And let us not lose heart and grow weary and faint in acting nobly and doing right, for in due time and at the appointed season we shall reap, if we do not loosen and relax our courage and faint. Something I came across today and I must admit it's at the perfect time cause I truly feel I could faint (or turn and walk away) right now from every single thing going on. I want to run. I want to move. I want to just leave and start fresh. But that's not why God created me.

Seven months ago God laid Vulnerability Ministries on my heart and with clear instructions. For a moment life was awesome, the calm before the storm I suppose. And now, well now we're in the thick of it friends and I can't seem to wave my white flag fast enough...then I read that scripture. Loosen and relax our courage, lose heart and grow weary...that pretty much sums it up lately. But that's not why God gave this ministry to me.

Right now I have absolutely no idea how anything in my life is going to work out. I feel total confusion and I'm afraid. But I will not give in, I will not live life based on feelings and I will not lose heart (doubt what I know I'm to do), grow weary and faint (turn and run) and I most certainly will not relax my courage (fold under pressure). The waves keep coming but I will stand strong because I know my God created me and I know this storm shall pass and He will carry me through.

God created each of us for something far bigger than any storm we are facing, stand strong my friends and remember who you are.

No comments: