Monday, May 23, 2011

El Roi

I woke this morning to learn of a tornado that hit Joplin, MO. Watching the tv I saw image after image of complete destruction, listening as the reporter became overwhelmed with emotion and had to pause to regain composure several times. Just before watching the news I watched a program featuring another country and the effects of poverty and being uneducated on basic life skills that we tend to take for granted. As my kids yelled "BUS" I was crying from simply watching the television.

It's Monday, my long day of the week but also my day to be in church working. We often say "church is just a building; we are the church" and what I saw on tv rings so true of that. The church is needed in so many ways throughout this entire Earth, we are needed. I must admit though, I am looking forward to going into that building today simply because of what it represents.

Today,I can't leave and rush to MO to help those people through the emotional shock of last night. Today, I can't leave and travel to another country to help people learn they do not have to stay in bondage to their cycle of life. What I can do...work inside the walls of my church building and call upon the "God Who Sees", El Roi. Thank you God for teaching me yet another one of your names...for such a time as this.

No comments: