Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Show Praise

Praise. A word that's crossing my path lately. At first I thought "I do praise you God" but as the days have passed and more clarity has come I've come to a different conclusion.

Praise isn't always about saying "thank you God" or "you're so good God"; praise is about attitude and about actions too.

When I get upset with someone do I seek God, praising Him that I can come to Him for direction? When I worry about something do I seek God praising Him that I can find safety in Him? When I start to make a decision do I pause to praise God that He will give guide my steps? Lately, that answer is no.

Guilt is not of God. Nothing God brings to light is meant for us to feel guilty about; it's simply brought to light for us to acknowledge and then allow God to change. Guilt is not of God.

So, today, on the eve of Thanksgiving I encourage us all to pause and question how much praise are we giving God, how much praise are we showing God and how much praise are we receiving from God? Seek the Truth and then allow it to take root deep inside so true change occurs.

Let's be thankful for our God, for our families, for our lives more days than just tomorrow. Let's show our thanksgiving with the lives we live each and every day.

No comments: