Thursday, November 3, 2011

Asking

I really dislike asking for help...of any kind. I hate having to admit I can't do something, I don't understand something, I need something. And yet it seems to be right where God likes me...needing to ask.

When I said yes to Him and started Vulnerability Ministries I knew it would mean asking for things, including money. But honestly I was hoping I wouldn't have to do that very often, I was hoping I could just tell people what I do and they would feel "led" to donate. And that's happened, but God is also making it clear I'm to "ask and keep on asking". Ugh.

Things are definitely happening in VM. More lives are being touched, more people are starting to be honest with themselves and God, more doors are opening. And money is needed. Money. Ugh.

I want to be able to help people, do what I do best (tell my stories) and just have money appear. I want to be able to accept money without asking for money. I don't seem to be getting all that I want. So, apparently now the conversation goes like this "here's my story, are you willing to make a donation so I can tell others the same stories".

Ask. Keep on asking. Yes God I hear you.

Well friends, here's the deal. I'm starting to meet with more women who are seeking guidance, seeking a sounding board, seeking someone that's like them and I want to be able to provide that free of charge. I am also working on writing material (a book, small group studies, etc) and I'm seeking churches to speak at. So, I am taking a giant gulp, swallowing my pride, and I'm asking for donations....consistent monthly donations....so I can keep doing what God has called me to do and still pay my bills (bill collectors don't seem to have the same kind of faith I do).

If you want more specifics on the ministry, I'll gladly share (I really like that part). If you would like to invest in this ministry, thus investing in others, email me and I'll give you the information for that. And above all else please pray for VM and the lives we encounter.

There...I asked. Whew.

No comments: