Sunday, April 19, 2009

She's 12!!!!

Yesterday was Kaity bug's 12th birthday! I can't believe it!!! We had the best day together...went to Cheddars for lunch, shared a sandwich and then ate a monster cookie with ice cream! YUM! Then went shopping and she got a pedicure....she couldn't stop smiling...and then she had three friends come over for a party/sleepover. I loved watching her last night with her friends, laughing, playing, still seeing so much innocence yet seeing how she's growing up all in the same moment. My favorite story to tell of Kaity is when she was two years old and put a hole in our wall because she was so angry she had to be in time out, she rocked that bench until it made a hole...it's my favorite because I knew in that moment my daughter was going to grow up able to take care of herself, voice her opinion, and know exactly what she wants. And so far I'm right. :)

Today Kaity is a beautiful daughter of God who is overflowing with love and giggles. She adores life and all the little things that make it up. She will make you laugh, cry with you, and hold your hand. My daughter has a mind and will totally unique to her and is proud to tell you that. ;)

I don't know what she will do for a career when she's grown but I do know this...she will love passionately and any person lucky enough to experience it will be so very blessed! I'm honored to be her mom and to walk beside her, but please know I don't take credit for who she is...that is ALL God's doing, I'm just along for the ride.

To my daughter...you totally rock!!

Till next time....

No comments: