Sunday, April 19, 2009

my bucket list

When I was 12 years old I told my dad that I wanted to join the Air Force and be a pilot. My dad had been in the Air Force so I thought this would make him happy, instead he informed me that his daughter would NOT be in the military. I told him I very much wanted to fly so he said to make that a goal to accomplish before I die..so, that day my "list of things to do before I die" or better known now as the bucket list was born. I have added to the list over the years, not a lot of things but the ones on there are big..go to Australia for example...but never until now have I been able to cross one off.

I love to see God work in outrageous ways so that there is no question it was Him and it happened to me again the other night. I went to the church to pick up my son, and keep in mind I wasn't suppose to go that night at all, but I did and when I walked in I was told "you need to audition for that movie!" After a moment of disbelief I said absolutely and got in line! I have to pause right here and tell you my excitment was through the roof!! I couldn't believe ths was happening and at my church no less!! Number three on my list...audition for a movie..honestly!! As I sat in the hall waiting it was all I could think about, I was going to cross off an item on my list...for the first time! HOLY CRAP!!

Now let me tell you my acting background is sooo limited! LOL I have done some things at church that I'm proud of including making the audience cry thinking I was crying! Hehe It's a cool feeling to have someone come to you six weeks later still talking about your skit and how it impacted them. I love the idea of touching someone without them knowing how much of that was me and how much was just acting. Acting is safe for me, the stage is safe and well, I value safety. I can throw it all out and not worry about what you think of the character, because well it's a character! :) LOVE THAT!!!

So, I am proud to tell you that GOd once again worked in His outrageous way and helped me accomplish a life dream...I stayed in line and auditioned for the role! When I got in my car afterwards I cried and told God I didn't even care what happened with it, just the fact that I got to do it and was once again reminded just how big my God is made it all fantastic!

I have added something to the list though...be IN a movie!! :)

Till next time...

No comments: