Monday, April 20, 2009

Some People Change

I had a conversation a few weeks back with my mom in a restaurant that was about God, later I was reflecting on that talk and realized that I talked out loud about God in a setting like that…something that five years ago would not have happened. But that day I did it, didn’t even think twice about it. Over the years God has become such a part of my life, the center of my life I guess, that now to talk about Him is normal. I have people in my life from all stages, some are life-long Christians, some are like me and have only been Christians for a short time, while others aren’t even sure they believe God is who He says He is. I love them all, regardless of where their faith lies not because I want to change them, but because it changed me.

In church on Sunday we sang a song that goes like this…don’t give up hope, some people change…all I could do was smile because I am proof of that. I went from not speaking to God, not stepping foot in a church to talking in a crowded restaurant about Him as if He were my best friend. I can’t tell you exactly when that happened but I can tell you I’m grateful it did…some people change.

No comments: