Saturday, May 30, 2009

14!!

Well, so much for writing every day! LOL I'll get there, I will. Thank you for being patient and for continuing to check...

My son turned 14 last week. It's been 14 years since I first laid my eyes on him and through the tears I kissed him and whispered "I'm sorry" because I knew the road ahead of us would be rough. 14 years later as we ended his birthday dinner, just the two of us, I kissed him and through tears said "Thank you" because I am honored to share this journey with such a man as he.

My son is growing into a man that all men should take note from, he's caring and affectionate, he's intelligent and musical, he's a deep thinker and a deep feeler. My son amazes me constantly. I'm not sure why God thought I could be his mom, but daily I'm grateful He did because it's a true blessing to raise my son.

I don't what paths lie ahead of us now that he's entering high school. I don't know how that part of his life will alter the rest of it, but I do know he's surrounded by people that love him and more importantly my son has a true and deep love of God; my son in every sense of the word belongs to God, so I rest in that knowledge and rest in knowing that no matter what lies ahead for my son if he crosses your path you will be touched not only by this young man but by God....

Till next time...

No comments: