Sunday, August 21, 2011

Determine

Years ago God took me through the lesson of "just be", something I talk often about, and yet I quit doing it over as much this last year. Oh I talk to God, I seek God, but I'm not stopping to just be with God...my motive has turned to get something, not give something.

I woke this morning, early, and instead of laying there trying to go back to sleep I decided to get up (hoping to get some writing done actually). When I sat down at the computer I remembered again that phrase, just be, so I walked away from the computer and went outside to enjoy watching the sun come up and be in silence.

I prayed off and on, but mostly I was silent.

I didn't get some "revelation" and I didn't hear His "voice" but I did remember the peace I felt when I use to do this daily. By the time I came back inside I didn't feel so alone and the weight of my problems didn't seem so overwhelming to me.

My problems are still here, there are things to still be figured out, that hasn't changed in the 30 minutes I spent outside; however, in that time I regained focus on what matters, who's in charge, what my role is, and I was reminded that I don't need to keep asking when He's already answered.

Is there something you need guidance on? Have you already prayed about it, laying it the feet of the One who knows everything? Do you know deep down inside what you're suppose to do (not what feels comfortable or seems easy or what others tell you)? Have you received your answer but you keep questioning?

I want to encourage you this morning to pause and remember what you already know, remember what He's told you, and remember what your part is vs His part. I encourage you to lay down your fear, lay down your worry, lay down your need to control, lay down your need for comfortable. The three men who were thrown into the fire (if you don't know the story let me know and I'll fill you in) were not walking in comfort, control, and doubt. Those three men walked in confidence and were determined to follow God regardless of the outcome.

Today let us renew our determination so that our time, our money, our words, our actions, our lives reflect a confidence that God is in control regardless of how things appear. Determine to stand your ground and follow God...even when the fire gets hot. Determine to seek Him just to be with Him, not because you need something from Him.

Today let us begin to love God out loud and in outrageous ways!! Bring on the fire!

No comments: