Monday, August 22, 2011

Doing

14 months ago I created Vulnerability Ministries. The past 14 months have been a learning process consisting not just of learning how to start a not for profit, but also learning what God intended when He laid this ministry on my heart. The fog is slowly lifting, I'm seeing a little clearer, and progress is happening.

Last night the high school youth group came to my house for a bonfire. I shared with them my story about earning the most talkative award my senior year and the sadness it brought me. I shared with them how I felt through my high school days...a girl who didn't know her value.

God took that talkative girl and turned her into a woman that now speaks out on His behalf. Today if I won the most talkative award I would beam with pride because it would mean I am doing what God is asking me to do...share about Him through Vulnerability Ministries.

So, today I will work on my To Do list for the ministry and actually complete the things I've been putting off. My desire is to be a vessel for God to use, that means actually doing what He asks me to do. My desire is helping people get past the hurt in their life that is causing them to keep God at a distance, that means speaking out loud. My job is this ministry and that means asking for donations.

Years ago I prayed for God to use me....He is....because it's no longer my story.

No comments: