Thursday, December 22, 2011

clarity through friends

I asked for this year to be a year of clarity because of a certain situation I was in, a friendship. I needed to know which side of the fence do I stand on and what does that look like. God took that prayer and showed me that I need this type of clarity in several relationships in my life, some with men some with women some with family.

2011 has been a year of clarity in my relationships.

I have learned that honesty is often painful and many times this year I've been required to draw a line the sand that I did not want to draw. It's hard to walk away from someone we care about, especially when we think we could be a good influence in their life. It's harder when you love them.

When I prayed for clarity I didn't expect it to hurt so much. I also didn't expect it to cover so many areas of my life. Clarity has forced me to see people for who they really are, it has forced me to see what my motives really are and it's forced me to see who God really is.

At the end of the this year I can say that God was faithful in showing me which side of the fence I needed to be on, clearly, and He also provided opportunities to make that happen. God was faithful in giving me the courage required to continue the process of having healthy relationships. Clarity in relationships didn't happen at all like I expected, but I'm so thankful it happened.

No comments: