Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Consistency

Any parent will tell you a major key to successful parenting is consistency. I think any parent will also tell you this is a key that is hard to uphold. Consistency requires effort, planning, and doing what you don't always feel like doing. Consistency can be draining because frankly sometimes you just don't want to fight.

Money was a topic Jesus talked often about. In fact, the concepts surrounding money is dealt with more than any other topic in the bible (according to my google search). Money is also a word that few link with consistency. Recent history has proven money cannot be dependable, consistent. What we once felt confident was, is no longer. So to give consistently regardless of the way we feel can be overwhelmingly scary...maybe even seem down right wrong.

Vulnerability Ministries was created 18 months. I have not had consistent full time income for 18 months. Most say I'm being irresponsible. Some say I have courage to follow my gut. Few say I'm right where I should be, remain consistent in my walk. We as Americans equate happiness with financial security. We equate success with bank accounts. We compare dreams with what WE can do. We Americans are also far from being consistent.

Malachi 3:6 "For I am the LORD, I do not change..." God is consistent. God is dependable. God is who He is. He never gets tired, he never changes His mind, He never doubts or fears or lies. God is NOT American.

When this ministry was laid on my heart it was made very clear that I would live off donations, in fact I wrote in my journal "all money comes from Me, whether it be corporate America or private checks, it's Mine and I choose whom to give it to". For 18 months God has provided for my family through awesome and outrageous ways. For 18 consistent months!

Please join in this journey with me, take your next step of faith, and go beyond "considering" making a donation to the ministry. Commit the year 2012 that you will consistently give beyond your comfort level, give beyond your tithe, give even when it doesn't make sense. If you don't donate to VM, please donate to something! After all, if we all work together we will finally get it right! And just so you know, there's much more to "giving" than just money ;)

No comments: