Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Brave and Courageous

I am to the point of having nothing left inside me...I recall not to long ago praying that I be empty of myself so I can be full of Christ...this isn't really what I had in mind. But, here I am, empty with nothing left to give, nothing left to do, nothing except wait on God. Psalm 27:14 "Wait patiently for the LORD. Be brave and courageous. Yes, wait patiently for the LORD." Brave and courageous. Two words people have used to describe me; two words I don't really feel I am. I also don't really do well at waiting patiently.

I am left with two choices, I either believe God's word or I don't. All of life decisions in my opinion come down to these two options, is or is not. Once again I'm standing in the road staring at the fork, the point where I must choose which path to take; I either follow the path of faith and wait on the Lord or I follow the path of me and hope I can somehow fix this mess we're in. If I draw upon past experience, which honestly is the only thing we have to draw upon, then I know the "me" path never works out well. I also know the "God" path tends to work out better than I expected and in ways I didn't foresee.

So where does brave and courageous come into play? Does it require bravery to choose to walk in faith? Does it require courage to sit and wait on the Lord? I have had countless moments the past few years of shouting that I will not give up, I will endure, I will choose to trust God to prevail. Sometimes those shouts are with a full heart of belief and other times it's truly only a muster-seed of faith that I cling too with all that I am. Is the later of bravery and courage?

Choose this day whom you shall serve....for me this day can sometimes lead to this hour. And in this hour this is my choice.....I choose to admit I am walking only on the faith that is within me, I am choosing to trust in a God I cannot touch, a faith a I cannot see, and a Lord I cannot have hold me and tell me it's all going to be ok. I am choosing to wait on Him, but I am not waiting by doing nothing for I do not believe that is of bravery and courage. I am putting together my "army", preparing for battle, and falling to my knees with the full weight of hearing "Fear not for I am with you".

Waiting on the Lord does not mean wait for him to show up...Fear not for I am WITH you...I walk with courage and I stand with bravery because my God is with me. I'm simply waiting on Him to shed light on my next step on this path of faith.

No comments: