Monday, October 6, 2008

Choose on purpose

I will teach my son that God made you strong for a purpose. God made you superior for a reason. You, my son, are created in the image of God. The warrior. He has called you to greatness. No you will not simply walk into the greatness, no you will earn it. As His son you are required to bear the pain of the world simply because you are called to be the leader of all that has breath. Do not take that power lightly. Do not abuse that power.

Ezer kengdo, my daughter. Come along side is your identity. You were created in the image of God's beauty. You are His princess; the crown on all of creation. You bear His heart, His passion, and His ability to walk beside. No, my daughter, you will not win the war or be in control. As His daughter you must know that you are weaker. You must remember to duck low enough so that God can give sound direction to your husband. I will teach my daughters that God intended us to be below man. He intended us to be able to trust man. But God also says guard yourself at all times, my daughter you must be careful who you let inside your castle.

Life happened. The Fall happened. Trust broke. Roles became confused. The wall went up and God was on the outside of the wall. I will teach my son that yes you are stronger than the women you meet, but respect that instead of using it. I will teach my daughters to listen to your gut, just because he seems nice doesn't mean he was taught to respect you.

How I wish we didn't live in a fallen world. How I wish I didn't have to worry when my daughter goes on her first date. When my son starts to see women in a different way. How I wish I could bare their pain for them, the pain that they are unaware of but I know all too well.

Teach your sons sex can wait. Teach your sons no means no regardless of how far in the process you are. Teach your sons why God created them the way He did. Teach your sons to be proud of who they are and what they do.

Teach your daughters sex can wait. Teach your daughters to fight and never give up no matter who it is or what they say. Teach your daughters why God created them female and the beauty that lies in them. Teach your daughters to be proud of who they are and what they do.

God is with us my friends. But God allows us the freedom to make choices. Choose wisely. Choose on purpose.

No comments: