Friday, January 2, 2009

A day off

We finally have a day of rest. The kids are home and we have no place to be today. I wouldn't have even showered today, but I had to go grocery shopping. I hate grocery shopping, that and buying gas. Two things I really really don't enjoy at all. But since the kids have been gone most of the last two weeks I've gotten out of grocery shopping so today was needed. We now have plenty of food in the house and yet E announced just now there's nothing to eat. Grrr.

My kids had a great Christmas, getting lots of stuff that should keep them busy; however, the girls are currently fighting and walking around as if there is NOTHING to do. Somethings never change huh.

But as I sit here in my chair, looking out the window and hearing the "noise" I can't help but smile because...my life rocks! Sometimes we have to get in dark places before we love the light places, I have been in both at several points in my life as I'm sure most have. It seems like the older I get, every day that goes by, I love my life a little more. I'm still human, a woman, and a single mom so I have my "moments", but overall it's good to be me.

I'm thinking about all the people that are in my life, the ones I know well and the ones I know not so well. I'm thinking about all who have crossed my path in the course of my 32 years on this Earth and I pray that each of you, wherever you are, can get to the point where you too can say "it's good to be me".

Just a little sidebar before I end...E just asked if she could put on makeup since we aren't going anywhere, and well it's now all over her and my floor. *Sigh* yes, it's good to be me. :)

Till next time...

No comments: