Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Humble Helping

The other day I was having a talk with God and through tears I told Him "you can't expect me to keep asking for help! You can't expect me to live a life of being dependent on others!" His response..."You asked for my help, please don't tell me how to help you". Isn't that just like God! The past three years I have had many humbling experiences involving someone helping me in some way, it's not gotten any easier to accept.

A friend once told me that when you deny someone the option of helping you, you're robing them of the joy of following God's will to help. I've not really thought of it in those terms before. But we as Christians want to help others, to serve others. It's just hard being on the receiving end of that.

Today I was told that a couple wants to paint one our rooms at our new house for a date night for them! Seriously!! And then it all came together...they will spend quality time together, serving, and helping a friend. Isn't that the way we are suppose to function? There was a part of me that wanted to say "oh no, I can't ask you to do that. I can do it." Cause of course I think I can do it all. Silly me. I didn't say that though I simply grinned widely and said woohoo!

I KNOW God takes care of me. I KNOW God will forever provide for our needs and I also KNOW God works through people. To every single person that has ever helped me, either financially or you just listen to me ramble...THANK YOU! God has used you, worked through you, to help me. Thank you!

No comments: