Thursday, May 20, 2010

Wounds beneath the scars

I heard a song on the radio this morning that talked about God healing the wounds beneath our scars...I simply said "Yes" as I listened to those words being sung. Yes I want that, yes I need that, yes.

Last night a moment came that forced me to admit out loud some wounds that still exist from when I was a small child, wounds that I would much rather ignore and accept the scar over them. Wounds that affect my parenting, affect my being a woman. But as I spoke about it, as I gave life to those wounds I felt a relief...I was able to finally say it all, get it out there, and then just sit in that moment among my friends knowing that God was working in that very moment.

My scars are many, sometimes I feel as if I'd been in battle and can easily compare my battle wounds/scars with another. I have addressed many of them, I have worked hard to open myself to God's healing and to move past the pain that comes with healing; however last night was a reminder I still have deep wounds hidden beneath what seems to be just a scar, just a flesh wound.

I didn't sleep well last night, I wrestled most of the night, trying desperatly to stay asleep. Will my wounds ever be fully healed? Will I ever be asked a question that refers to one of my wounds and not instantly cry? Will I be able to fully accept the Truth that I hear?

And then I'm reminded...by his stripes I am healed...yes. Yes I will. Yes I am. Yes.

Till next time friend....

No comments: