Sunday, May 30, 2010

Seeds

What are we here for? I mean, honestly, why do we exist on Earth? Why didn't God make us and keep us with Him in heaven? And why hasn't He just simply started over?

I don't know the answers to those questions but I do know this...we ARE here, this side of heaven, and as of today He's not chosen to start over. I teach my kids that when you're born God has placed a special seed inside of you, that seed is to tell your purpose for life, but it's up to you to cultivate that seed, pay attention to it, listen to His voice.

Part of me thinks not all of us have a seed that becomes our career, but today as I sit and write these words, something in me says I'm wrong. We as Americans wrap our identity around questions such as what do you do for a living, what religion are you, are you married. All these things create who we are, but really what we should be saying is my career...oh, I'm a Christian, my religion...don't have one, just follow Christ, married...He is the bridegroom and we are the bride. Can we all really follow our dreams? Can we really cultivate that seed inside of us, really? And for some of us what exactly did that seed use to whisper to us..it's been a long time.

Most people believe you work all your life, then retire. Most people believe you work all your life in a job you hate, then you retire. Most people believe you ignore your passions, you ignore your calling, you ignore your seed, then you retire. Thankfully I'm not like most people. I doubt I'll ever retire. I doubt I'll ever work in a job I hate long enough to retire. Every thing in my screams that's not the way it's suppose to be.

My seed...my seed says you'll write and you'll speak. About what and when and where....I have a vague idea. Vague. But it has been whispering to me from the time I was a small child writing poems with misspelled words. My seed whispers to me, do be of this world thinking like they think, follow Me and My plans. So, my career is Christian, religion is Christian, spouse Christ. Bring on the questions...I'm ready.

Till next time....

No comments: