Wednesday, June 9, 2010

The New Chapter

In the bible there's a verse that talks about following God and He'll make your paths straight...two weeks ago I decided that His idea of straight must not be the same as mine.

Exactly two weeks ago today I was fired from my job. Long story short I worked outside my scope of work...I apologize for none of what I did, but it did get me the boot. Guess there's a first time for everything right. I went home at noon that day, cried the whole way home. Cried most of the day and night. I felt like the path I was on just took a major left turn and I suddenly had no idea where I was going. :(

Exactly one week ago today my ole buddy Charlie Brown called and said we're taking a trip this weekend. Long story short we left Friday heading for Branson, MO, stayed till Monday. Left Monday for Memphis, TN then over to Nashville, TN and came home yesterday. Nearly two weeks ago I was fired and now I'm recovering from a 2000 mile journey that involved more laughing than I've done in a very long time, great conversations, and lots and lots of left turns that left us wondering where the heck are we!! :)

So, today I sit here, back at home, drinking coffee and having my dog lay sleeping/farting next to me. Reality. My reality is...my new chapter in life.

New chapters can be very scary if we let them, I'm choosing to let it be filled with spontaneous moments and great friends wrapped around the heart of a God who says to me...I choose you.

Till next time...

No comments: