Friday, June 25, 2010

God has done well...

Tonight Tyler and Kaity came home from their dad's after being gone for a week. We split the summer and though in theory it seems great, I sure do miss them when they are gone. My kids are now at that perfect age of being able to have true conversations with them and I completely love hanging out with them.

I needed to go to the grocery tonight and Kaity wanted to come, there was a time when she didn't want to. She talked non-stop the whole time we were gone, filling me in on all kinds of things that are going on in her life. I couldn't help but remember when I was her age and how I use to do the exact same thing with my mom, grocery shopping was when I caught her up on my life...not sure why it works out that way, but it does. God did well with my kaity-bug.

Tyler has learned an entire blues song and is completely stoked about it. I could hear him playing when we left, and still playing when we came home. It's music to my ears to hear my son play...I'm so grateful he has that talent and wants to use it. God did well with him.

Erica has been fighting chickenpox all week and I must say she's gotten off easy! LOL Barely has them and they don't really even itch that much. I'm beyond grateful though, it could have been a very long week. Instead she's enjoyed the attention and enjoyed running naked in the house with pink dots all over her. Oh Miss E...God did well with you...you truly make our family complete.

My kids are home, we're heading to my home tomorrow...all is right in the world. Fairmount reminds me to slow down and breathe, and my children remind me what truly matters in this life...God has done well indeed.

Till next time...

No comments: