Monday, June 14, 2010

My soul

Tonight I am working on a chapter in what I hope becomes a book. I’ve dreamed of writing a book for years, actually I can’t remember not wanting to write. Writing is part of my soul, it’s the center of who I am. I write to focus myself, I write to express myself, I write to stretch myself. I love writing. If I could do nothing but write all day every day I think I’d be one very happy lady!

Next to writing my love is music. There’s something powerful about seeing your thoughts in black and white, however there’s something equally powerful in hearing melody, hearing those words in partner with the sound of notes. Piano is my favorite instrument to listen to; I miss playing it. I played as a child, quitting when it became difficult. There aren’t many things I’d change in my life but that decision is one. Today a piano sits in my house, rarely touched because I don’t know how to play and when I look at it I am saddened at what could have been if I’d just kept at it…

I have saved on my computer several different books I’ve started to write over the years, each capturing moments of time and bringing life to what lies in my heart. None of them have taken form to become true book material, but I know that within each there are parts that I will draw upon at some point. The thought of writing a book is overwhelming to me, it’s frightening actually. That’s why I’ve yet to do it I guess. Fear and yet I read it and wonder what could have been if I’d just kept at it…

My youngest has just come into my room, asking me to come tuck her into bed so we can pray together. Reality. As I walked down the hall to her room I was reminded of what truly matters and the gifts God has given to me. Writing, music, and children…my life. As I sit here writing these words I can’t help but thank God for the life I have, regardless of what could have been, life is good and I look forward to what will be…

Till next time friend...

No comments: