Sunday, October 17, 2010

At a loss

The first song I heard on the radio this morning was one of my all time favorite Christian songs..."I'm finding myself at a loss for words and the funny thing is, it's ok." I talk to God often, daily actually, but in all my talking there are still times when I just can't seem to find the words. Sometimes I'm at a loss for words.

Right now in this world someone is dying and someone is being born. Right now someone is feeling total isolation and someone is feeling total love. Right now someone is feeling anxiety of what's to come and someone is feeling resolution over what happened. Right now we are all feeling something, yet right now there is something going on in our life that leaves us at a loss for words.

We can get so caught up in the daily chores of life that we forget there is life beyond our moment, life beyond our eyesight. We forget that it's ok to go before God at a loss for words. We forget what matters. When I'm at a loss for words I often wonder if God isn't saying "Finally, she's listening"...I challenge us all to find ourselves at a loss for words more often, to be still and know, to be bold enough to say word of God speak.

No comments: