Thursday, September 2, 2010

Today's List

I can't believe the summer is over and fall is around the corner! I also can't believe I'm living out my dream, that dream that I've had longer than I dare recall because to me it was just that, a dream. Today it is reality. I am a stay at home mom, working full time from my home; I am a writer, a speaker, a vessel. When I was finishing up my degree at Indiana Wesleyan, more than one professor told me "don't get hung up on titles" and it is only now that I'm truly beginning to understand what that means.

It's Thursday, my day to devote to the ministry. Today I need to work on letters to be sent out, update the database, send thank you cards, work on the book, and do some research. That is MY plan, what any Christ follower will tell you though is the best way to make God laugh is to make a plan. So, I have all those things on the To Do List, yet I sit here drinking my coffee and listening to it rain outside and have paused to invite the Holy Spirit to be a part of my day.

So, when I reflect tonight on the days events will it consist only of the things on my list? I know better. I also know it'll consist of things added that brought moments of simple fun, moments of deep thought, and moments of peace. There is a lot of uncertainty in my life right now, but what joy it brings to be certain He shows up, to be certain He provides, and to be certain He says don't worry about tomorrow, I've got it covered.

No comments: