Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Unbelief

I am starting to see a major pattern in my life that I need to figure out how to combat...when things start getting uncomfortable my creativity seems to leave. I feel it building, I sense something's not right. I'll sit here, starring at the screen and have nothing come out. It's frustrating. One thing after another has been coming lately, for several months now actually. Just when I think "whew, we're done with that" something else comes, only in a completely different form. All the while though my writing starts slipping until eventually it's been days since I've written anything.

Yesterday during a conversation with God I told Him, "You've got to do something! Please, you've got to show up in this!" Other times I've said "help where I don't believe". Did you know that's biblical? A man asked Jesus "please help my unbelief"...that man believed enough to know that Christ could break through where he didn't believe, the areas of his life that lacked faith, the areas of his life he wanted to still control.

Today someone told me they believed in me...enough to support me in out loud ways financially for an upcoming missions trip. "I believe in you my friend"...I typed back saying "I need people to believe where I lack" and it suddenly hit me, I remembered all the times I ask God to show up out loud and outrageous, to help my unbelief...you see, when I prayed that I thought He'd give ME what I needed, inside, but what He's doing is helping that unbelief by sending others who believe in the areas I'm weak! He's answering my prayers, just not in ways I expected (no I shouldn't expect anything less I know!). Please help my unbelief...someone says I'll believe for you.

So my writing to you today, outside of the explanation above, is simply this...how sweet it is to have a friend in you. Thank you for supplying my unbelief.

No comments: