Sunday, June 26, 2011

another reason...

I sat in church this morning listening to the team the went to Nicaragua share their experiences and couldn't help but think of when I went to the Dominican Republic earlier this year...the theme is the same, "I had no idea".

I get tired of trying to explain to people why you need to go to church, not that I don't want to talk about it I just don't want to argue about it. Church is something that some see as "organized religion" and use that as the excuse on why they don't need to go to church. Others don't feel "good enough" to attend church. And then there are those that say "you don't need to go to church to have a relationship with God". Sigh.

Excuses. That's what that is. And it makes me sad.

As I listened to how these people went to another country to share the message "you matter" all I could think was THIS IS WHY!! When you don't come to church you are robbing someone the blessing of knowing you, you are robbing God the opportunity to work through you and you are robbing yourself of leaving a deeper and wider imprint on this Earth.

Could you get hurt going to church by the people there? Yep. Could you get hurt by your own family? Yep. People suck. Daily. The difference is people that walk through church doors have the courage to say "it's not all about me". Refusing to go to church says "it's all about me".

Come to church, lay down your excuses, open your heart. It's not about you!

No comments: