Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Friends

I've prayed for years for someone to come into my life that would be a mentor to me, an accountability partner. I wanted someone that was wiser than me that I could learn from, someone that would love me for me yet push me to be better. Today I have several people that fit that role, one just recently crossed my path and all I can say is I only met her because of God.

I've prayed for a very long time for a man to come into my life, a man that would love me for me and yet be strong enough to lead me. Today I have several men in my life that love me, take care of me, and at times even lead me (even though I don't always like it). One has recently crossed my path and I'm pretty sure it's a total God thing, regardless of the ending.

I just got off the phone with my sister, Emily, we talked about friendships evolving, people changing. We also talked about being open to letting new people come into our life and trusting God to lead us. Over the years I have been blessed to know many people and each year that goes by I understand that blessing a little more. To each person I've ever called my friend, thank you. To each man that I've ever let close, I love you. And to those who are yet to come....welcome!

God is faithful to answer your prayer, you just have to be willing to wait and then be willing to see.

No comments: