Thursday, June 30, 2011

My Destiny

Have you ever known you were getting ready to face something life changing? Have you ever felt the fork in the road, paused long enough to recognize the implications? Have you ever realized that today is going to change your life?

A large part of my life I floated through. I moved from one moment to the next without thought about how it truly and fully impacted me. I was busy running from the last moment, hoping the next would bring relief. It rarely did. I rarely escaped. I didn't have a plan, outside of get beyond today; I didn't have a direction, other than keep moving. I also didn't have a clue who I was or why I existed.

Yesterday I was watching videos on YouTube and saw Bono speaking about another artist, he said "Others are truly living simply because she fulfilled her destiny". I played that part over and over, crying.

The past four years I've changed drastically, to me the biggest part that has changed is I am no longer floating, moving from one moment to the next. I have figured out why I'm here and I've figured out what I'm supposed to be doing. I am fulfilling my destiny. I am. I don't say that with arrogance, I say it with a confidence that I've only gained in knowing my Creator. I'm right where I'm supposed to be...today.

No comments: