Thursday, June 16, 2011

wrong turn

Do I believe in soul mates? That question was posed to me last night and I quickly said no way! Cause if I have chosen wrong then that means someone else had to choose wrong and I would have messed the whole world up. But then, tonight it occurred to me some where along the way I might have taken a wrong turn, turned left when I should have turned right. Soul mates? What if you took a wrong turn?

My kids are starting to enter the world of dating, it's only going to get more serious from here. They will experience heart break, butterflies, kisses, and loneliness. I want so much for them, but more than anything I want them to live a life with no regrets, yet tonight I'm not sure that can happen. Life, no matter how careful you are, will have some wrong turns.


We make decisions that we think are right, we live a life we think is good but how do we ever really know? And when clarity does come, what do you do with it? Wrong turns can't be made right can they?

I still don't know if I believe in the idea of soul mates. What I do know is there was a moment when I clearly turned the wrong direction, but that moment has passed and life has gone on. I just hope it doesn't happen again. Wrong turns suck.

No comments: