Saturday, September 6, 2008

tiny steps are all that's needed

I'm starting to think this quest to discover who God intended me to be and feel beautiful is one that will never end. Something I didn't really think about when I set out on this particular journey. Honestly. I thought God would give me a few life experiences that would in turn show me His plans for me, the way He sees me, and would show me once and for all who this lost woman really is. Nearly three years later I feel like I have only taken one step forward.

Last night while laying in bed I got a picture in my head of very tiny feet taking a BUNCH of steps in order to match my one step. And in many ways my heart sank. Three years...one step. Man. I have heard our Christian walk be compared to that of a child growing up. Infancy gives way to toddler, then adolescent into teenage years, adulthood into what we hope eventually becomes true maturity in Christ.

The picture of tiny steps reminds me of infants learning to walk. Is that where I still am? Seriously? Cause I don't think so. I think I'm so much further in my walk with Christ than I have ever been, but maybe I'm looking at it wrong. Maybe I am still thinking "whew! That's over. What's next?" When really it's a serious of moments linked together by His grace...it's never really "over".

I think my journey is a process of tiny steps, running, jumping, falling, and flying on His wings. I guess instead of looking at it in a sense of finality, I need to look at it in a sense of we're still stepping! No matter how big or small, it's a step. Whew!

No comments: