Monday, July 12, 2010

Company Ready

Today Erica and I have been cleaning all morning and now...she's playing the Wii. Actually, she gave up cleaning long ago; I walked out of the bathroom I'd just cleaned to find her standing on the couch bowling (she says it helps her get strikes). I loath housecleaning, I truly do. Not sure why, just don't like it. It seems when I go to my friend's house theirs are clean, I mean NOTHING out of place and always company ready.

I got a text from a friend last night that said "have you moved because every time I drive by your house looks empty". I had to laugh as I text back saying I'm here, just hardly home and when I am home I'm in the back room tucked away. I guess after I clean inside I should give some TLC to the outside, because yes we do still live here and I guess the outside should be company ready to eh? haha

Company ready...the story of Mary and Martha always makes me think Martha must have not felt her house was company ready because the bible tells us that she was busy cleaning and cooking. Then you have Mary, she didn't worry about that stuff, but rather she sat with Jesus...soaking up the company. Mary knew Jesus didn't care what their house looked like, he wasn't there to inspect it. He also didn't care what they ate, he wasn't there to be fed. Mary knew Jesus was there to BE with them, to look at their hearts and feed them...1 Samuel16:7 (Amplified)...For the Lord sees not as man sees; for man looks on the outward appearance, but the Lord looks on the heart. Company ready...


If you stop by my house without warning chances are there's dishes in the sink, toys scattered from one end to the other and I probably have on some ratty t-shirt and shorts. You'll most likely find me on the couch, tucked behind my laptop, with a cup of coffee or bottle of water and you'll also find the front door is open so, come on in because though my house may not be company ready...I surely am company ready.

Till next time...

No comments: