Saturday, July 10, 2010

Life vs Frogs

Today my parents found out a good friend has cancer in his throat. They have had to bury to many friends for being as young as they are. Right now I'm watching the news and they are telling of another motorcycle death, it was just a blurb and now they are moving on to a couple that's been busted for meth lab. My parents are crying over a friend who's going to die before he's ready; that motorcycle rider died before he was ready; the meth heads are killing themselves...voluntarily. The evidence of living this side of heaven.

My dad's parents are still alive; I don't get to see them much because they live in Fairmount. If I'm to be honest though, I don't go see them much because it makes me cry. I had the very best grandparents a girl could ask for, on both sides of the family; however I saw these grandparents every other week when I went to visit my dad. They were a major part of my life and they are close to dying, but they have lived a long and fantastic life.

Today I fell between the boat and pier at mom and dad's house, for a moment I wondered if I'd died but then the pain reminded me...nope you're alive and boy are you gonna hurt. Looking back on my life I've had my share of close calls, moments where I wondered how on earth did I survive that...I currently have an ice pack on my leg, heating pad on my back, and ice pack on my arm; but nothing is broken. Thank God cause I don't have insurance!

As I sit here thinking about all of this, thinking about life and death, choices and consequences I can't help but think how grateful I am for the life I have. It could have gone in a very different direction, more than once. Tonight I pray for my parents friend, the family of the motorcycle victim and even the couple who chooses meth instead of therapy. Tonight I pray for all that I know and all that will one day cross my path...may we each remember how precious life is, may we each remember God didn't have to make us, he could have made us frogs!!

Till next time friends....

No comments: