Monday, July 26, 2010

The Great....I Am

There's something deeply freeing when you read the way God referred to himself. "Tell them I am sent you". God says I am who I am. Period. No need to give further explanation, just tell em it's me. And people say I'm blunt.

There are times in my life when I struggle to find my way, times when I question if I'm even on the right path let alone the right moment. There are times when I wonder if the fog will ever rise and I'll be able to clearly see how all this connects. Then I remember...I am sent you.

I had a wonderful weekend, filled with laughter, a few tears and moments of clearly seeing God. I promised Him a long time ago that I would call it what it is..not luck, not coincidence, not my own hard word...simply God, the I am.

I know I've got more storms ahead of me to endure. I know there will be moments when I don't clearly see God, moments when I wonder where to step next. Sometimes I feel weighted down by those thoughts, I'm great at worrying about stuff that's yet to happen. But then the Holy Spirit finds a way of reminding me, you're not in charge. You're not the center. It's not up to you make the world right. Remember the I am.

I breathe a sigh of relief this morning, I have friends trying to find their way to God (though they aren't ready to call it that and that's ok, God can handle it), I have friends who deeply love God but rarely "feel" Him (I pray that your hearts eyes see Him today) and I have friends that remind me of just how far I've yet to travel in my own journey (I am beyond grateful for you) but all of this...all of it...is ok because no pressure is on me, it's ALL on the Great I Am.

Till next time...

No comments: