Saturday, July 17, 2010

untitled...because no title will do justice....

I've been preparing for this day for 2 1/2 years. I knew the moment I stepped off the stage, January 18, 2008 I'd be back on it again for the very same reason, just wasn't sure when. Honestly I'd hoped it would be a long long time, but also hoped it would arrive soon so I could satisfy the cry in soul. It's here, tomorrow July 18, 2010 is finally here. Until two months ago I didn't know the date, but it's finally here. In some ways it feels like a long long time has passed and in some ways I'm bursting with excitement to see what happens next; however I'm also overwhelmed at what it all means.

We all have moments in time we can look back on and say that moment right there was life changing for me, but for me I've never had one that I knew I was in while it was happening, not to this degree. I'm smack dab in the middle of a life changing moment, regardless of the outcome, and I FEEL it. I wish there was a word to describe what's inside of me at this very moment, but the only one I can come up with is honored.

I often ask God for things, prayers is the Christian term I guess, but it's really just things. But I've also asked Him for out loud and outrageous moments and tomorrow...well it's about to get very out loud and very outrageous. As I write those words tears are falling down my cheeks and my heart whispers "thank you, I've been waiting".

I will share my story in the morning. On a stage. Alone. To a room filled with strangers and friends. I will talk, but God will speak. He will share His heart, His cries, His passion and His story; I am merely the vessel. It's me on that stage, it's God in that room. Tonight, the eve of the moment I've been waiting for yet God knew was coming. His timing, that's what I'm reminded of often. And right now, being smack dab in the middle of the moment I can tell you His timing it totally worth every moment of wait. Every. Single. Moment.

Till next time...

No comments: