Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Work

The last two days have been days void of creativity. I've been drained. Sunday took a lot out of me and I needed some down time I guess. But I woke this morning feeling great, went on a walk with my dear friend Connie and then had an unexpected phone call that set the tone of the day. Love unexpected phone calls like that!!

It's happening. It's all really happening. I'm writing, I'm speaking, I'm working full time in ministry...I really am. I was asked last night if I'm doing all this to work or to avoid work. I had to laugh at that because I'm sure others have wondered the same thing, but I was grateful this person respected me enough to ask instead of assume they knew the answer.

Sunday people told me it took courage to do what I'd just done...I don't look at it like that. The real courage comes when we first say out loud this is who I am..THAT is courage. What I'm doing is obeying God to the best of my ability. So, I guess to most it probably looks like I'm just being lazy and avoiding "work" but my reply last night..."I'm called into ministry, it IS work." It's just a different kind of work and let me be clear, I don't consider it work at all, I consider it an honor to be used by God, to be part of seeing others begin the journey of healing. A true humbling honor.

Till next time...

No comments: