Monday, August 2, 2010

Remember....

Remember who you are. Remember why you are here. Remember who I am. Remember....that was the theme for me very early Friday morning. Last week was a long week for me, a struggle in many ways. I've come to recognize the pattern and expect the highs as well as the lows; no life is ever smooth sailing for long. When the storm comes, regardless of the intensity of it, I for a moment forget. I forget what Truth says, I forget what my heart says, I forget what lies ahead of me. I take my eyes off my center and focus on the outer part...that part I don't have...and the low sets in.

God is love, joy, peace, forgiveness, and grace. When I lose sight of what matters He wakes me with whispers of remember...remember..remember. THAT is unconditional love my sweet friend and it ONLY comes from the One who created us. While my eyes are focused in the wrong places, while my heart is hurting and no one can seem to make it better, while my tears are falling and I wonder if this moment will ever end, God is right beside me saying "I'm here, remember".

The lows will still come, as will the highs, and God will always be faithful in reminding me who I am, who I belong to, what truly matters. God will always help me refocus, recenter, and remember...and that goes for you too!! :)

Till next time....

No comments: