Wednesday, August 18, 2010

whispered prayers

Today I am home with a sick 7 year old, my heart broke for her all through the night as I watched her little body get sick over and over. She would fall into me, completely exhausted from the moment, knowing another was around the corner. I looked into her eyes, as she lay in my bed, and whispered prayers to God the Healer over and over.

When I shared with the kids the loss of my job and starting this ministry, Tyler asked "what should we be praying about Mom" to which Erica piped up and said "I want to pray that you can stay home so I can ride the bus home." We all laughed, but I told her to pray for that if that's what is on her heart. Yesterday was her first day of riding the bus home...ever. The bounce in her step was adorable and as I watched her walking up the driveway I noticed there was a bounce in my step as well. I whispered prayers to God the provider as I embraced her hug and saw the joy in her face.

Tonight is small group, it's truly an honor to sit among these women, to be welcomed into their hearts, their thoughts, their journey. I learn so much from them. As I prepare for the nights lesson, as I prepare for whatever it is God would like to do tonight, I whisper prayers to God the Counselor.

It would behoove us all to learn all the names to which God refers to himself...maybe it'll make talking to Him less intimidating and hearing Him less complicated.

Till next time...

No comments: