Friday, August 13, 2010

What I need...

So, I've been trying for awhile now to get better about being healthy. In all areas of my life. I have started exercising and eating better. I've started being conscience about what I do to my body. The other day I went to the store and bought flavored cream for my coffee, something I've not done in nearly two months. I took my first sip this morning and literally said out loud "that's exactly what I need!"

I had breakfast yesterday with a good friend, another mentor really, and we talked about healthy boundaries. I told her I need to put some in place so I don't get depleted like I have over the last two weeks. I was emotionally spent which lead to physically spent and then mentally spent. I had nothing left to give. Breakfast with her helped bring me back, refuel me, and I left saying "that's exactly what I need!"

This morning I woke up feeling myself again. So, today I shall contemplate on how I can keep from becoming empty again, yet fully give of myself to those who need me. It's all about healthy boundaries, learning to say no, remembering to take "me" time, and above all remembering who's in charge....yes, "that's exactly what I need!"

Till next time....

No comments: