Thursday, December 17, 2015

Day 17. Looking Up for Peace



Each morning I take my daughter to school; she's 13 and the last one at home. Sometimes we talk the whole 2 minutes to school, sometimes we ride in silence. Every time I whisper to God how thankful I am to be able to do this--it will end all too soon.

Occasionally when I drop her off the sun is rising at just the right point and, as I turn to head out of the school parking lot, I see in front of me the most beautiful colors bursting across the sky.

They say a picture is worth a thousand words but I feel as if my picture of the morning's sky falls short; maybe that's because you can't experience what I did in that moment. I doubt your breath is taken away by my picture, but mine certainly was by God's picture.

As we search for peace, as we search for meaning and as we search for God it would behoove us to just look up...His mercies are new every morning (Lamentations 3).

No comments: