Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Day 9. Peace is Everywhere



As I laid in bed last night thinking about a million different things, the one thought that kept coming to the forefront was "It's everywhere."  Peace can be easily overlooked, especially when we live during a time that is whispering promises of unrest. Peace can be so easily overlooked. I'm not sure when I started working on my perspective, I suppose it was a gradual shift over time until it just became part of me--kinda like a habit, which makes me laugh because a habit implies doing the same thing over and over and well, I'm not that good at that unless mistakes count. However, I am good at keeping perspective, seeking perspective, talking about perspective. I am good at that.

This morning I woke with a sore throat. First my back, now my throat. Seriously. Anyway, I woke with a sore throat so instead of making coffee, I decided to make "throat coat" tea with some thieves. Still half asleep I pulled the tea bag out and discovered the word "peace" right there starring back at me. And in that split second it all came full circle.

It's hard to serve a God you cannot see. It's hard to trust a Man you have never looked in the eye. It's hard to believe God is everywhere when hurt and fear seem to be everywhere. The number one reason I agreed to participate in 25 Days for Peace was because of perspective. I knew we ALL needed a good dose of perspective right about now--we needed to SEE God, EXPERIENCE God, BELIEVE in peace. I had no idea the depth of that happening to me, just 9 days in.

So, there it is, starring us right in the face. Peace. It's all around us. GOD is all around us. If we'll just look. If we'll just shift our perspective, open our hearts, and seek. God is wanting to speak to you...are you listening? And before you say yes He's just not talking to me, let me give you a bit of wisdom someone once gave to me--when we ask God to speak to us, we must be open to how HE chooses to speak, not how we'd like Him too. The trick is to just be open, be ready, and believe.

Peace is everywhere. Even in the very real need of a sore throat.

No comments: